Clemson Bros. Brewery Announces Acquisition of the Gilded Otter
The popular Clemson Bros. Brewery is expanding its footprint in the Hudson Valley with the acquisition of the Gilded Otter in New Paltz. Clemson Bros. Brewery began operating out of a Pine Island garage in 2012 and has since grown into one of the areas premier brewers.
The Gilded Otter first opened in 1998 and was named after the ship that first brought the Huguenots to American soil. They came to the country right around the time of the Pilgrims and as a result, New Paltz has some of the oldest original homes in the U.S. according to Hudson Valley Magazine. New owner, Kenen Porter's goal is to build on the groundwork laid by original owners and plans for the brewery aim to benefit current staff, customers and the Town of New Paltz at large.
The Middletown facility itself is now open in time for lunch seven days a week at 11 AM. They feature 16 rotating craft beer selections spread out over more than 7,000 square feet of industrial-inspired indoor space and some 7,500 square feet of outdoor Beer Garden space.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie