Where Is the Best Grilled Cheese in the Hudson Valley?
Today--April 12, 2017--is National Grilled Cheese Day, which got my new co-worker Nick and I to talking about where the best place is to get a grilled cheese in the Hudson Valley. He is new to the area so I feel compelled to help him out. Here are the places that I know about that have really good grilled cheese sandwiches.
If there is a place you would like to share, post it in the comments below.
- Schatzi's in Poughkeepsie and New Paltz. Each one of the restaurants has a completely different version of a grilled cheese. Which one is better? Deep Fried or Duck Confit going up against Mozzarella or Pork Carnitas? Tough choice. I think we should try all of them.
- Newburgh Brewing Company. Bacon & Onion Grilled Cheese? Oh heck yeah. Let's try one of those!
- That Cheese Plate in New Paltz. Ok. These guys are taking Grilled Cheese to a whole new level. They have seven different grilled cheese delights on the menu. Where do we start on the menu? Perhaps we will order one of each? Or return here many times until we have conquered the menu.
- B-Side Grill, New Paltz. On the menu here is a Classic Style Grilled Cheese and it comes with french fries.
- Lola's Cafe & Catering, Washington St, Poughkeepsie. On the menu 4/12/17 is a Short Rib Grilled Cheese, which melts cheddar and Havarti with the braised short ribs on grilled sourdough.
I can't type any longer, my stomach is starting to growl. Do you have a favorite place to get your grilled cheese, let us know. Plus, do you make a mean one at home? Send us a photo through the app.