Ashokan Rail Trail Opens Additional Two Miles Of Access
The new Ashokan Rail Trail (ART) just opened to the public recently but the whole trail was not accessible. Another step towards full access was taken today as another two-mile section of the trail opened.
According to a Facebook post from the official Ulster County Government page, the additional two miles of trail will bring the total of the ART to 11 full miles. An additional half-mile segment along with two additional parking areas will be opening in the coming weeks. As of now the only public access to the Ashokan Rail Trail is at the Woodstock Dike Trailhead in West Hurley. Visitors are asked not to park on Route 28 or on private property
According to their website, an estimated 9,000 people visited in the first two weeks of operation. You can link up at AshokanRailTrail.com for more information. The ART is both dog-friendly and wheelchair accessible and is open from dawn to dusk daily.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie