2 Young Adults From Orange County Killed in Crash
A man and woman from Orange County were killed following a car crash early Saturday morning.
On Saturday around 6:45 a.m., New York State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on Route 208 in the town of Hamptonburgh. Upon arrival, troopers observed a 2005 Dodge Neon off the roadway and against a tree on the eastern shoulder.
The driver, 21-year-old Holmes B. Shindon of Montgomery and his passenger 20-year-old Alexis Lewis of Chester were found both trapped inside the vehicle, police say.
Blooming Grove EMS and Hamptonburgh Fire Department assisted at the scene. Both occupants were declared dead at the scene, officials say.
An investigation revealed the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt, Lewis was wearing a seatbelt, according to police.
Shindon was apparently driving Lewis to work when their vehicle left the road and crashed into a tree, NewsSource reports. Speed was a contributing factor to the crash and it doesn't appear alcohol was involved.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- 29 Arrested Protesting Controversial Power Plant, Gov. Cuomo
- Dutchess County Man In Movie With Many Hollywood Stars
- 2 Young Adults From Orange County Killed in Crash
- Leaked Details Likely Means Many Changes For The Renegades
- AG: Poughkeepsie Pizzeria, Café, Barbershop Linked Drug Ring
- Hudson Valley Leaders Call Attention to Sex Trafficking Problems
- FBI Joins Search For Former Newburgh Teacher
- Changes Coming to Every Dunkin' in Hudson Valley