2 NY Colleges Named Worst For Free Speech
Two New York colleges/universities were named amongst the worst for free speech in 2019.
The Fire recently published a ranking of colleges in the world based on their free speech 'score'. According to this report, two universities in New York are the worst for free speech. Fire doesn't explicitly explain the reasoning for the rankings, but all schools listed have a story, or stories, to accompany the choice.
The two New York universities that made the list are Syracuse University in Syracuse, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), in Troy. Each school has a specific story accompanying Fire's choice for including them on the list.
What schools do you think are the worst for free speech? The Hudson Valley is filled with colleges: Marist University, Dutchess Community College, SUNY New Paltz, Mount Saint Mary College, Vassar College, SUNY Orange, Ulster Community College, the list goes on!
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie