100th Christmas Day Candy Run in Saugerties
It's a long-standing tradition in the Village of Saugerties. And this year the tradition is 100 years old. I'm talking about the Christmas Day Candy Run. It's a family friendly event throughout the Village. Fun for kids of all ages and a great way to start the holiday.
On Dec. 25,1919, a group of volunteer firemen from the South Side of Saugerties would spend their day spreading Christmas cheer to the children of Saugerties. Little is known about that specific occasion, except that they would start an honored tradition that has now reached a major milestone. This Christmas Day, the members of the C.A. Lynch Hose Co. 2 will once again take to the village streets from 8AM - 4PM with Santa Claus onboard for the 100th consecutive year.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie