You Can Buy a Table Made From the Tree From Shawshank Redemption
This has to be one of the most expensive pieces of movie memorabilia ever.
Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm actually watching it right now. If you remember the movie, after Andy Dufresne's famous and triumphant escape from Shawshank Prison he sent Red a letter telling him to check out a rock that shouldn't be there near an old white oak tree. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. Ring any bells?
According to CNN, it turns out the tree is over 200 years old and it was reportedly knocked down by a during a storm.
Apparently, the leftover wood is being used to make large tables and mega fans are paying over $50,000 for them. I wonder if someone is carving "Brooks was here" on them.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie