WOW: A New York City Skyscraper Sets New Precedent
When you don't have space to expand, you move up. This is the case with many of the new, slender skyscrapers sprouting up all over Manhattan. One building now has the highest roof top in the entire Western Hemisphere, surpassing Chicago's Willis Tower (the former Sears Tower) by 99 feet.
The Central Park Tower (a.k.a. the Nordstrom Tower, or 225 West 57th Street) will top out at 1,550 feet. Wikipedia says the building, to be completed in 2020, will also be the sixteenth tallest building in the world, as well as the tallest residential building in the world.
Wikipedia says the building is being developed by Extell Development Company and Shanghai Municipal Investment Group.
One World Trade Center's rooftop measures 1,368 feet, however remains the tallest building by architectural height at 1,776 feet.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
<!--END VIDEO CODE -