Who Wants My Phone and Why?
This is a new one, usually, they just want to tell me how my car's extended warranty has expired. Now, they want my phone?
I apparently have until 5.25 pm today to hand over my phone "B4" something happens. For starters, I don't know what 5.25 pm is, maybe they meant 5:25 p.m. since that is an actual time.
Why does my phone need to be "handed over"? Maybe I'll find out if I click on that random sketchy link provided in the text message. What happens if I don't hand my phone over? Do I go to jail?
Does anybody really believe this nonsense? Is there honestly somebody who is like "oh man, I better turn my phone into this person who doesn't have time to spell out the word before?
The number of robocalls people receive annually is astronomical. Now we have to get threatening text messages? This is getting a little out of hand in my opinion.
Needless to say, I did not click the link, and I will not be handing over my phone. I guess I'm left to suffer the consequences. That's the price you pay when you're a rebel I guess.
Have you ever receive a text message like this before? Share your experiences in the comments, or on your WPDH Mobile App.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie