What Are Some of the Worst Baby Names of 2019?
While parents are technically free to name their children whatever the heck they want, sometimes discretion is advised. Do you want your kids having to endure years of bullying when they head to school? Yes, kids should all be taught to be tolerant and accepting of others, but we know how well that goes over sometimes.
Is naming your kid something like Abcde really necessary? Are the parents just trying to draw more attention to themselves?
A group called Parents.com have named their Worst Names of 2019 list for both girls and boys, and some of these names are really something. One name for girls that really seem to take off this year was Khaleesi. This, of course, is a reference to HBO's Game of Thrones, and the character Daenerys Targaryen. But what about Vegas or Pansy? Would you want to go the rest of life known as Pansy?
And it looks the boys didn't do much better. Some of the worst, according to the parents group, are Kingmessiah, Pinches, or even Manson. Yes, as in the well known infamous cult leader Charles Manson. Imagine having to explain that to a potential future spouse?
So here's the top five worst names for girls:
And now, the boys:
And while not born this year, how could you leave out this highly touted high school football recruit; De’Coldest Toevadoit Crawford? This one is so bad, it's actually kind of awesome.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie