Two Charged With Stealing Over $2,000 From Local Walmart
Two people are behind bars for allegedly stealing over $2,000 worth of merchandise from a local Walmart.
On Saturday around 10:15 a.m., the Ulster Police Department arrested two people following a complaint from Walmart loss prevention.
Earlier Saturday, the Ulster Police Department was told that two people left the Town of Ulster Walmart allegedly hiding a large amount of merchandise in a carry bag and a shopping cart.
As a result of an investigation, officers were able to find and stop 33-year-old Nicholaus C. Mikus of Schuyler Falls and 25-year-old Alexandra C. Schimmel of Hyde Park.
Schimmel was allegedly found with $1,006.40 worth of stolen merchandise. Mikus was found to have $1,174.00 of stolen goods, police say.
Both were charged with grand larceny, a felony. Schimmel was remanded to the Ulster County Jail on 5,000 cash bail and Mikus was held without bail.
Both are due to reappear in Town of Ulster Court at a later date.
- Everything You Need To Know About Winter Storm Stella In The Hudson Valley
- Game of Thrones Star Is Coming to the Hudson Valley
- If You Are Wondering What It Looks Like To Drive In Winter Storm Stella, Here You Go
- Hudson Valley Couple Made Up Robbery at Local Store, Police Say
- Over 30 Arrested Following Drug Raids In The Hudson Valley