Turn Your Clocks Back This Weekend
Time sure flies. And this weekend it flies back an hour. It is time to set your clocks back one hour. Sunday morning at 2 a.m., say goodbye to daylight saving time, and hello to early darkness. And yes, it is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight Savings Time.
I realize that a lot of people hate this weekend because from here on in, at least for the next few months, it will be getting dark early. Really early. In fact, I just heard that sunset on Sunday is at 4:50PM. It will be dark before 5PM. Yikes.That used to bother me too, but I work on a morning show and I have to go to bed so early, I feel more like a normal person. One that goes to bed when it's dark out. And we do get to grab an extra hour of sleep. So that's a good thing.
So, before you go to bed this Saturday night, set your clocks back one hour. If you still have any clocks that actually need to be manually set, that is. And change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Enjoy the longer weekend.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie