Traffic Snarls After Car Hits Bear on Route 17 Wednesday Morning
An accident involving a bear has brought traffic to a crawl on Wednesday morning.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter, Nancy Reamy, says the bear was hit on Route 17 in Orange County. While it's unusual to see bears in the more populated areas in the Hudson Valley, this is a good reminder that they do live here in the Hudson Valley. With the weather warming up, it's once again time to be on alert and watch out for bears on the road.
This morning's incident happened on the eastbound side of Route 17 near Exit 127. The crash has caused some serious backups this morning that have also spilled over to Greycourt Road in Chester.
Crews are at the scene and will be working to get traffic up and running soon. For up to the minute traffic information and alerts, make sure to download the free WPDH app and stay tuned for more live traffic reports throughout the morning.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie