Sweet Maple Syrup Celebration in Cornwall
It's that sweet time of the year again. I'm talking about maple syrup time. Saturday, Feb. 22, is opening day of Maple Sugar Season at the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum on Muser Drive in Cornwall.
Celebrate the beginning of maple sugar season and visit the Sugar Shacks and be
part of the award winning Maple Sugar Tours. There will also be special crafts, treats of the sweet season, games, and story telling around the camp fire.
Learn how to identify and tap sugar maple trees, discover sugaring techniques used by Native Americans, pioneers, and modern-day farmers, see an evaporator in action, and finish by participating in a taste test challenge to see if you can tell the difference between maple-flavored syrup and the real thing.
Admission for museum members is only $8 for adults and $6 for children ages 3 – 17. Not-yet-members is $10 for adults and $8 for children ages 3 - 17. For tour times and details, visit the facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie