REPORT: Woman Tried To Open Plane Door Mid-Flight
CBS is reporting that a 20 year-old woman attempted to open a door on a Delta flight that had originated from Raleigh, North Carolina and was on its way to New York. Passengers say the young woman became suicidal and tried to force the service door open as the plane was in the air.
CBS says the woman had previously been the victim of a crime, though they did not clarify what the crime was.
One passenger Tweeted that the distraught woman was "screaming her head off", as her father pulled from the door. While there was no way the door open mid-flight, the passenger described the young woman's shrieks as "terrifying".
CBS says the plane landed safely at LaGuardia Airport early Friday afternoon without further incident. The woman was reportedly taken off the plane.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie