Police: Woman Struck, Killed After Exiting Vehicle in Dutchess County
New York State Police investigated a fatal motor vehicle collision on State Route 82 in the Town of Washington.
Initial investigation found a white 2006 BMW 325 was parked southbound on State Route 82 near South Road in the center of her lane of travel with her vehicle flashers on.
The operator, identified as Hope A. McLucas, age 54, of Pleasant Valley, NY, exited her vehicle possibly to attend to raccoons on or near the roadway and was standing in the northbound lane when she was struck and killed by a northbound 2011 Toyota Tundra.
McLucas was pronounced deceased on scene by responding emergency medical personnel.
This investigation remains on-going, but there are no criminal charges at this time.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie