Police Say New York Woman Drove Drunk Through Cemetery
An early Sunday morning crash has lead to multiple charges against a young woman from New York state, police say. CBS says police responded to what was described as a "large quantity of debris" on the road in front of the Elmwood Cemetery in Bethlehem, NY.
After an investigation, police say her vehicle went off the roadway, struck a telephone pole and a pillar at the cemetery entrance off 9W, and then crashed into several gravestones. CBS says the woman was seriously injured, and is being treated at a nearby hospital. Her injuries are not said to be life threatening, however.
Police say the woman was intoxicated. CBS says she was arrested and issued citations, and will appear in the Town of Bethlehem Court on March 17. Additional charges could be thrown at her as well.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie