Police: Man Threatened To Blow Up Bank in Dutchess County
According to the New York State Police, a man threatened to blow up the Trustco Bank in Wappinger late Tuesday morning.
Police say the man entered the bank off Route 9 and Myers Corner Road right before noon, carrying a black umbrella. NY State Police say the man threatened to blow up the bank with a device so he could gain access to the vault. He made off with an "undisclosed amount," of money, police allege.
The search continues for the suspect, a white male, last seen dressed all in black with a ski mask. Multiple agencies are involved in the search. if you have information, call the NY state police at 845-677-7300 and reference case No. 8994748.
More on this story as details develop.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie