Police: Dutchess County Man Breaks Victim’s Bones with Brick
A Dutchess County man is accused of hitting a victim in the face with a brick, causing several broken bones.
Around 3:40 a.m. on Wednesday, a police officer witnessed part of an assault taking place on Main Street in the City of Poughkeepsie. The suspect then fled on foot and was pursued to the area of Cannon Street, where he was taken into custody.
Chad Smith, 27 of Poughkeepsie is accused of hitting a victim in the face with a brick. He was charged with assault, a felony.
The victim suffered substantial facial injuries including lacerations and broken bones. The relationship between Smith and the unnamed victim is unclear, police say.
Smith was arraigned before the Town of Poughkeepsie Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond.
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Breaks Into Two Churches, Gets Naked, Urinates In One
- Hudson Valley Man Who Sent Picture of Genitals to Teen Jailed
- Police: In-Law Murdered Elderly Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Crashing Car Into Wife’s Suspected Lover
- Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Crashes Van Into Ditch
In honor of Cinco de Mayo we learned the the correct way to cut open up an avocado.