Office For Aging Phone Scam Strikes Hudson Valley
Yet another scam has hit the Hudson Valley, and this time it involves the local Office for Aging.
According to the Ulster County District Attorney’s Division of Consumer Affairs, areal residents are receiving scam phones calls purportedly from our local Office for the Aging (OFA).
Please be advised the Office for the Aging – or any government office – will not call you asking for your Social Security number.
To verify the authenticity of any calls, contact OFA at 845-340-3456.
Consumer Affairs can be reached at 845-340-3260.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie