Newburgh Man Shot Multiple Times, Police Looking For Shooter
The man was uncooperative with investigators.
On October 9, at approximately 10:52 p.m. the City of Newburgh Police Department received a ‘Shot Spotter’ notification of two gunshots in the area of William Street and Renwick Street.
Upon arrival, officers learned that City of Newburgh resident Romeo Herring, age 21, sustained gunshot wounds to his abdomen and his leg. He was brought to St. Luke’s Hospital by a private vehicle and was uncooperative with investigators.
He was listed in stable condition.
The investigation is being handled by City of Newburgh Detectives and the Non-Fatal Shooting task force. Anyone with information is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845) 561-3131.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie