New York Man Dragged to Death by Subway After Clothing Gets Caught
A freak accident has lead to the death of a 39-year old man Tuesday night.
CBS NY reports that the Queens man was waiting for the subway when his clothing somehow got caught by one of the passing trains. The Post says the incident happened on the Number 7 platform at Grand Central Terminal. Police say the subway pulled the man into a staircase and on to an electrical box on the tracks.
The NY Post had reported that it may have been the man's shoulder bag that got caught by the train.
It is unclear exactly how the bag got caught, or whether it was caught by the doors or some other part of the subway.
An MTA spokeswoman had no other information about the accident, according to the NY Daily News.
Police are currently investigating.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie