New York is Among Best For Teen Drivers
According to a recent study, New York has been ranked among the best states for teen drivers.
With teens obtaining driver’s licenses during the summer more than any other season and an average of six teens dying every day from motor vehicle injuries, Wallethub has compared the states to determine the best and worst for teen drivers.
In order to determine the safest and least costly driving environments for U.S. teenagers, the states were compared based on 23 key metrics. The data set ranges from the number of teen driver fatalities to the average cost of car repairs to the presence of impaired-driving laws.
New York was ranked as the 2nd best state for teen drivers. Here's the breakdown:
Teenage Driving in New York
- 3rd – Teen Driver Fatalities per Teen Population
- 4th – Teen DUIs per Teen Population
- 1st – Presence of Distracted-Driving/Texting-While-Driving Laws
- 7th – Premium Increase After Adding Teen Driver to Parent’s Policy
- 1st – Provision of Teen Driver’s Graduated Licensing Program Laws
- 1st – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 6th – Presence of Occupant-Protection Laws
- 19th – Quality of Roads
- 1st – Presence of Impaired-Driving Laws
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie