New York College Cross Country Team Has Innovative Plan to Get Chick-fil-A
Just how much do some people love Chick-fil-A? How far would they go to get some? We know Chick-fil-A doesn't have a lot of nearby locations in New York. Just about all of them are either in New York City, or Long Island. And yeah, we still don't have one in the Hudson Valley.
So when a college cross country team from Troy wanted Chick-fil-A, but didn't feel like driving an hour and a half south, they had to think of something. NYupsate.com reports that the runners from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Now, there is one at Albany International Airport, but you need to get past the security checkpoint.
This is where they took matters into their own hands. it was going to involve some teamwork.
The eighteen member team decided to throw in about 5 dollars each to buy a $98 ticket to Fort Lauderdale. FL. Team captain Vincent Putrino bought the ticket with the money, went threw AI security, and then picked up lunch for his teammates. NYupsate says the full meal included 15 chicken sandwiches, 13 orders of chicken nuggets and 15 large fries, cost $227.28.
Add in the plane ticket, and it ended up costing each teammate around 18 dollars. Some might say it was money well spent. Guess w'll have to keep wondering in the Hudson Valley.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie