Man Allegedly Struck With Chain Over Facebook Posts, Police Say
A Rockland County man is facing felony charges following a dispute.
On Monday, April 29, at approximately 4:15 p.m. Michael Garabo, 33, of Stony Point, N.Y. turned himself into the Stony Point Police Department on charges of assault second-degree (felony), criminal possession of a weapon, and harassment.
The charges stem from a dispute that occurred on Beach Road in Stony Point between Garabo and another adult male over Facebook posts.
During the dispute, Garabo allegedly struck the other man with a chain.
Garabo was processed and released on his own recognizance pending a future court appearance.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie