Hudson Valley Walgreens Set To Close?
A number of Hudson Valley Walgreens could close after the company announced plans to shutter more than 200 stores. The plan is part of a nationwide effort to cut costs.
CNN Business reports Walgreens purchased approximately half of Rite Aid's locations two years ago when they increased their total to 9,500+ stores. The impending closures represent around 3% of their total locations. The company released a statement which mentioned they'd be finding jobs for affected workers in nearby stores.
Founded in 1901 by Charles R. Walgreen, Walgreens is the second-largest pharmacy store chain after CVS. The announcement comes in the wake of rival CVS releasing stronger than expected earnings.
The question is, will the Walgreens in your neighborhood be affected? And if it is, what will replace it?
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie