Hudson Valley Man Steals From Galleria, Gives Fake ID, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man is accused of shoplifting from the galleria and later giving police a fake ID.
On Wednesday, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department announced the arrest of 25-year-old Dominique T. Hobbs of Newburgh following a larceny complaint at J.C. Penny inside the Poughkeepsie Galleria.
On June 28, responding officers were told Hobbs fled J.C. Penny on foot after stealing clothing, police say. Hobbs was found after a brief foot chase with police.
After the arrest processing, it was discovered Hobbs gave officers incorrect information regarding his personal identification, according to the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Hobbs was charged with forgery, a felony, obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest, petit larceny and false personation, misdemeanors.
He was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Woman Says Disgusting Item Found in Taco Bell Order
- Missing American Scientist From Lower Hudson Valley Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Teacher to Battle James Holzhauer on Jeopardy!
- Two Lower Hudson Valley Mothers Die in Dominican Republic
- 33 Hudson Valley School Districts That Pay Principals The Most
- Missing Hudson Valley Man Found Dead
- Lower Hudson Valley Mother Dies In Dominican Republic
- Naked Hudson Valley Man Injured After Jumping From Moving Truck
- Bears Are Being Seen Near Hudson Valley Homes At Alarming Rates