Hudson Valley Man Fighting For His Life After Accident on 87
A Hudson Valley man suffered life-threatening injuries after he crashed his car into a tractor-trailer on the New York State Thruway.
On Monday around 7:30 a.m., New York State Police responded to a serious personal injury accident at mile marker 33.5 eastbound on I-87, in the village of Sloatsburg.
A preliminary investigation revealed a 2007 Toyota Avalon, driven by 52-year-old Louis M. Lupo of New Windsor, exited the New York State Thruway while heading south and struck the rear of a tractor-trailer which was parked on the right shoulder.
Lupo was extricated from the vehicle and transported to a nearby community field where he was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with life-threatening injuries and is currently listed in critical condition, police say.
David M. Bucci, 43, of Maryland, was in the sleeping berth of the tractor-trailer, parked on the shoulder, when the collision occurred and was not injured, according to the police.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- West Point Cadet Tries to Bring Porn Star to Military Banquet
- Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
- New York Flag Could Change For First Time in 138 Years
- 14 Eateries the Hudson Valley Wants
- Black Bear Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home's Front Door
- Hudson Valley Woman Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Finalist
- 11 Sex Offenders Living in Hudson Valley Arrested
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park