Hudson Valley Man Dies at Popular Fishing Spot
A Hudson Valley man was found dead at a popular fishing spot on the first day of the fishing season.
On Monday around 4:30 p.m., Dutchess County 911 dispatched the Hyde Park Police Department and Roosevelt Rescue Squad to 40 Crum Elbow Road for a report of a man who possibly drowned.
First responders found a 75-year-old man unconscious. Bystanders had pulled him from the water and started CPR with instructions from Dutchess County 911 emergency dispatchers, officials say.
Officers and members of the Roosevelt Rescue Squad applied an Automated External Defibrillator and continued CPR. The male was transported by Roosevelt Rescue Squad with Mobile life to Mid Hudson Regional Hospital.
A short time later, the man who police identified as Bruce R. Daniels, aka, "Bucky" of Pleasant Valley was pronounced dead, police say.
According to police, the cause of death isn't known at this time. An autopsy will be performed Tuesday by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner.
Monday marked the official start of the fishing season in the Hudson Valley and across the state, according to the DEC.
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Set to Become Highest Paid Governor in United States
- Teen Arrested For Alleged Fake Hostage Situation in Hudson Valley
- 3 Men Accused of Running Grandparent Scam in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrest For Arson Following Apartment Fire
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme