How Happy is New York State?
Where do you think New York ranks in terms of happiness compared to the rest of the country?
According to a recent study, New York was ranked in the top 20 happiest states. Happiness comes from a combination of internal and external factors. We can influence it somewhat by approaching situations positively or choosing to spend time with people we love, doing activities we enjoy.
Wallethub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia to determine which state was the happiest. The states were compared across 31 key indicators of happiness. The data set ranges from emotional health to income level to sports participation rate.
New York was ranked as the 15th happiest state. Here's the breakdown.
Happiness in New York
- 4th – % of Depressed Adults
- 1st – Suicide Rate
- 16th – Number of Work Hours
- 19th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 29th – Income Growth
- 22nd – Safety
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie