HBO Car Accident Scene To Film Locally This Week
A car accident scene for the HBO mini-series I Know This Much Is True will result in Hudson Valley road closures this week Tuesday through Friday.
The New York State Department of Transportation has approved a request to shoot the scene on Route 343 in the Town of Washington. As a result, local residents can expect intermittent road closures on Wednesday from 6 PM to 9 PM and for the remainder of the week, 5 PM to 5 AM. The filming will take place in a pasture on the property of Walbridge Farm.
I Know This Much Is True is expected to be filming in the area until September, with a debut planned in 2020.
According to the Hudson Valley Film Commission who promotes the industry in the area, the television and movie business directly contributed more than $28 million to the local economy last year. Film crews often dine at local restaurants and stay at hotels in the area during production.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie