Good News If You’re Single in New York
Besides your looks, personality, interests and employment status, your location can influence your odds of finding a romantic partner. Everyone has different priorities when searching for love, but certain places simply make dating easier than others.
In states with a low cost of living, for instance, your income might stretch a lot further, which means cheaper or more frequent dates. If you’re more financially stable, though, you might appreciate a state with more attractions to find new experiences for both you and your potential other half.
But dating is also a numbers game, so a state with a higher proportion of single adults automatically improves your prospects.
WalletHub compared the 50 states across 29 key indicators of dating-friendliness. Their data set ranges from share of single adults to movie costs to nightlife options per capita.
New York was ranked as the 4th best state for singles. Here's the breakdown:
Dating in New York:
- 5th – % of Single Adults
- 24th – Gender Balance of Singles
- 21st – Online-Dating Opportunities
- 21st – Mobile-Dating Opportunities
- 1st – Restaurants per Capita
- 1st – Movie Theaters per Capita
- 17th – Crime Rate
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie