Former Herman’s Nursery Property In Poughkeepsie Up For Sale
The property that once held a Hudson Valley icon in the form of Hermans Nursery in the Town of Poughkeepsie is up for sale.
According to Loopnet, the 9.9-acre property located right on Route 44 is on the market for $1,750,000. It offers flexible commercial zoning and the potential for subdivision. It would be ideal for retail, a bank, health club, convenience store or a variety of all of the above.
There are nearly 80,000 people living within a five-mile radius of the property with a median age of 37 and an average income of $81,000 so there is potential there. Those numbers are bound to increase when the new East Dale project is completed right down the road.
I once lived in an apartment on this property and have nothing but nice things to say about Mr. Herman. He was a great landlord and an even nicer man. William 'Bill' Herman passed away in the summer of 2017.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie