Flying Snow Shattered My Windshield
Has this ever happened to you?
With the wintry mix, we got overnight here in the Hudson Valley, we had to give you our friendly reminder to make sure when you go to clean off the snow from your car or truck, you clean it all off--especially from the roof.
You have probably seen it happen at one time or another driving around in the Valley. That one car that almost causes a crazy accident all because they didn't clean off the roof of their car and a slab of ice goes flying off their roof onto the windshield of the car behind them.
I remember when I lived in Fishkill, I was driving on Route 52 near the 84 Diner going into Fishkill and was going under the 84 overpass when a plow truck was plowing snow up on 84 and the snow came flying over the guard rail and down onto the windshield of my truck, shattering it. I don't think I was ever as scared as that, I'm pretty sure I almost had a heart attack.
Have you ever had snow come flying off another car onto your car?
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie