Don’t Miss The Last Full Moon of the Decade on Wednesday
There's something about the way a full moon shines on snow that does something for the soul. We'll be lucky enough to experience that this week.
ABC7 NY is reporting that we will get the last full moon of the decade (dramatic, but true) on Wednesday, December 12th and 12:12am
This full moon is called the "Cold Moon" and it stems back from when Native Americans would track the calendar and recognize the " long, cold winter nights."
If you want the best visual, it's being suggested that you catch the moon as it rises low on the horizon. Scientist say that it will cause an optical allusion that will "make the moon look bigger than it really is, and the moon will shine brightly in areas with clear skies."
Enjoy the last full moon of the decade and get ready for the Geminid meteor shower which will happen over the weekend on December 13th and 14th.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie