Delivery Man Steals 90K Worth of Cakes From New York Bakery
This crook has got quite the sweet tooth. The NY Post is reporting that a 32 year-old deliveryman is accused of stealing 1,020 handmade cakes from the Lady M Confections’ Long Island City warehouse in only four months.
This was no small feat considering the cakes go for about 92 dollars a piece, according to the Post. According to the suit filed in Queens civil court, the man, who worked for the bakery for two years, was caught on camera almost two dozen times raiding the warehouse freezers, only to return multiple black bags.
The bags were believed to have been carrying the pricey cakes.
When Lady M received word their cakes were being sold by unauthorized dealers, they knew something was up and launched an investgation.
The now ex-deliveryman plead guilty to petit larceny and will be sentenced September 24. However, his sister told the Post that he was innocent, and that "they just made something up and charged him for it.”
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
<!--END VIDEO CODE