DEC Reminds Successful Hunters to Take It, Tag It, Report It
With big game hunting seasons upon us, DEC would like to remind hunters who take a deer or bear to report their harvest.
In addition, trappers who take a bobcat, fisher, marten, or otter must have the animal pelt-sealed by DEC staff.
Reporting your deer or bear can be done via phone, the DEC website, or mobile app. Call a DEC regional office to make arrangements to get your otter, bobcat, fisher, or marten sealed.
Hunters and trappers play a crucial role in game management. Data collected from harvest reports are used to track populations of game species and to ensure that hunting and trapping opportunities are sustainable.
Reporting your harvest is not just the law, it’s an important tool in wildlife management. So, if you have success this fall – TAKE IT, TAG IT, REPORT IT
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie