Beacon Movie Theater Opens For Special Star Wars Showing
A Hudson Valley boy who suffers from a genetic immune disorder was going to miss out on seeing the Star Wars movie in theaters because he can't be in crowded places during flu season. That was until Story Screen in Beacon heard about the situation.
Conor has whats called Primary Immunodeficiency and has increased susceptibility to infection. There are actually more than 350 different types of this disorder and you can learn more about that HERE.
Conor's Mom Stephanie reached out to Story Screen in Beacon in hopes there was something they could do. They went above and beyond going so far as to open the theater early Saturday morning for a private screening of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. According to Stephanie, Mike Burdge from Story Screen was there early and even made popcorn for the family so they could have a full theater experience.
Story Screen opened in February of this year with a special showing of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. The intimate theaters feature large comfortable chairs and snacks from local vendors like Hudson Valley Marshmellow Company and Drink More Good.
Star Wars will be showing at Story Screen Beacon through January 16th. You can click here for showtimes.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie