A.C. Moore To Close Hudson Valley Stores
Hudson Valley crafters may need to find a new store soon.
It was announced yesterday, on PRNewswire.Com, that A.C Moore stores will be officially closing "as part of a broader strategic plan."
Chief Executive Officer of A.C Moore, Anthony Piperno said in a statement:
For over 30 years, our stores have been servicing the creative community with a vast selection of art and craft materials, with one common focus, the customer. Unfortunately, given the headwinds facing many retailers in today's environment, it made it very difficult for us to operate and compete on a National level.
Part of the broader strategic plan is that the Michaels Companies Inc will start leasing 40 A.C Moore store locations on the east coast.
While it was a difficult decision for us, this transaction will result in a group of stores reopening under the Michaels banner subject to negotiations with landlords— allowing teams to continue serving the brand's loyal customers and employ our valued team members in those locations.
According to UpstateNewYork.Com, there are several A.C Moore locations in New York in Auburn, Blasdell, Rochester, Vestal, Saratoga Springs, Latham, , Nanuet, Yorktown Heights, four in Long Island and of course the locations in the Hudson Valley in Wappingers Falls and Middletown.
As of November 25th, online shopping at A.C. Moore has been suspended and previously ordered products will be shipped out soon.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie