2 Hudson Valley Women Accused of Welfare Fraud
2 Hudson Valley women were separately accused of receiving a combined total of over $4,000 in welfare fraud.
On Tuesday, Charity Post of Wallkill and Angela Solcberg of Saugerties were both arrested by the Ulster County Sheriff's Department and charged with welfare fraud in the and offering a false instrument for filing.
An investigation conducted by the Ulster County Department of Social Services Special Investigation Unit in conjunction with the Office of the Ulster County District Attorney discovered that Post received $2,641 in duplicate SNAP benefits from August 2016 through December 2016 from both the States of Georgia and New York, officials say.
Post allegedly filed an online recertification application claiming she lived in in Georgia, as well as filing in New York simultaneously.
Solcberg is accused of illegally receiving $1,395 in SNAP benefits. Solcberg didn’t report changes in her address, household composition and income from January 2016 through January 2017, police say.
Both were was processed and released to reappear in Town of Ulster Court at a future date.
- Which Hudson Valley County Is Home To The Most Sex Offenders?
- 70-Year-Old Hudson Valley Woman Killed In Head-On Crash
- Update: Teen Was Flying Plane That Crashed In Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Selling Drugs Near School Jailed For Gun Possession
- Taste NY Store Ripped Down Just 8 Months After Being Built
A shady dental worker, Daryl's House getting sued, and a stolen Porsche are part of this week's top 5 local stories.