Wrong Way Taconic Driver Was High, Police Say
Dutchess County 911 received multiple calls reporting a wrong way driver on the Taconic State Parkway.
On March 4, at approximately 11:25 p.m. Multiple calls were made to 911 reporting a wrong way driver on the Taconic State Parkway. Troopers were able to safely locate the 1997 Honda Accord traveling northbound in the southbound lanes just north of Bullshead Road in the town of Stanford within minutes.
Investigation found that the operator, identified as Daniel D. Loper, 33, of Philadelphia, P.A., was impaired by drugs while operating his vehicle.
Further investigation found that Loper was in possession of 0.8 grams of heroin, 1.2 grams of Buprenorphine Hydrochloride, 0.6 grams of Clonazepam, 10 milligrams of Methadone Hydrochloride, and hypodermic needles
Loper was charged with four counts of Criminla Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of a Hypodermic Instrument, and Operating a Motor Vehicle Imparied While By Drugs.
Loper was issued the necessary traffic tickets, and was released to a responsible third party. He is scheduled to return to court at the end of the month.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie