Would You Live on the Hudson River Psychiatric Center Property?
Back in March, it was announced that work had begun on the property of the old Hudson River Psychiatric Center in Poughkeepsie.
The $250 million Hudson Heritage project will consist of 750 new residential units, 350,000 square feet of retail space and 3.7 miles of pathways and trails.
Photographers Scott Snell and Chuck Merrihew took some amazing drone footage recently of the abandoned psych center that was absolutely mesmerizing and chilling. Take a look below:
After reviewing the footage and knowing what local lore has told me, I have to ask... would anyone really want to live on this property?
At one point the Hudson River Psychiatric Center held up to almost 6,000 people. Patients and doctors alike.
Thinking about that many people living there and having their own personal struggles just seems like it would leave a bad, possibly dark energy.
Some say the location is haunted. Others get a weird vibe. I'm sure we've all heard a story or two about the psych center.
The new property will look beautiful, but would you live on a beautiful piece of property with such a dark history? Let us know on Facebook.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie