Woman Divorced Husband From New York Because He Was Addicted to Video Games
A lot of people like to game. For one Saratoga Springs man, his video gaming had become just too much to take.
He didn't want to spend time with me, didn't want to go out and explore. He counted hanging out as me watching tv and him playing his game with headphones on in the same room.
Soon they would be divorced, and the woman eventually moved to North Carolina. She rebounded pretty quick though. The 26 year-old hooked up with the man who DJ'ed her and her ex's wedding. That's awkward.
Have you ever been with someone who can't step away from the gaming controls? Does your significant other spend all night on a headset yelling at strangers in another state over Call of Duty? They may have a problem. The W.H.O. evens defines excessive gaming as a mental disorder:
Gaming disorder is defined in the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) as a pattern of gaming behavior (“digital-gaming” or “video-gaming”) characterized by impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie