Wilderness Rescue in Ulster County
Members of the sheriff's department and DEC rangers were dispatched to assist in locating a 26-year old woman.
On April 7, the Ulster County Sheriff's Office contacted the DEC's central dispatch to request help with the search for a 26-year old woman from the Town of Shandaken.
The woman's mother called the police around 10:00 p.m., and the police responded with the K9 Unit. Rangers interviewed the mother and then hiked behind the residence to conduct a search in the Slide Mountain Wilderness Area.
Many different areas were searched by police and rangers. The missing woman was located approximately two miles from her home on state land.
She was taken back to her residence to be evaluated.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie