Ulster County Woman Punched Female Officer, Police Say
The woman caused injury to the female officer while she was being processed.
On October 8, at approximately 7:42 PM, Saugerties Police responded to a report of two females fighting at 1016 Glasco Turnpike.
Upon arriving at the scene, it was established by officers that suspect 65-year-old Michele Flanders was at the location in violation of an Order of Protection. Flanders struck the victim, causing the victim to fall backward down a staircase.
Flanders was taken into custody at the scene and processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters on the felony charge of criminal contempt of a court order in the first-degree and obstruction of governmental admin, and the harassment in the second-degree.
During the Processing phase of Filander’s arrest, Flanders punched the female officer processing her. The Officer sustained a minor injury as a result of Flanders' attack.
Flanders was arraigned in the Town of Saugerties Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie