This Week’s Rock News: Allman Bros. Will Reunite in NYC
The weekend is here, and here is a recap of the week's rock news just in case you missed it this week on The Boris and Robyn Show.
The week started out with good news for fans of The Allman Brothers. Former members of the final line-up of The Allman Brothers Band will be getting together for a concert on March 10 at Madison Square Garden. And what a line-up it is. Both Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes, drummer Jaimoe, bassist Oteil Burbridge, percussionist Mark Quinones, Reese Wynans on keyboards, drummer Duane Trucks and even Chuck Leavell is listed as a special guest.
Rod Stewart and Cheap Trick have scheduled a tour together this summer. Around here they'll be at Mohegan Sun Aug. 1, PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J. on Aug. 11, and Jones Beach Aug. 14. They'll be billed as The Brothers.
And Ozzy Osbourne's new album will feature some pretty cool guests. This week Sharon Osbourne said Ozzy did a song with Elton John, and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, who is also on the album, confirmed that the title cut does indeed festure Elton John on piano and two guitar solos from Slash. Pretty cool. The album, titled Ordinary Man, will be out next month.
We do rock news for you every Monday - friday at 6:45 on The Boris and Robyn Show, but if you miss it, check back here for the recap. have a great weekend and thanks for listening.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie