Suspect Steals Nearly 10K Worth of Jeans From Stores in New York
UPDATE: The NYPD says the same suspect has stolen from eight different stores in Manhattan in under three weeks. The grand total is closer to ten thousand in missing merchandise, according to officials. Police say the bandit robbed Banana Republic, Furla, and three different Gap stores.
This person must really love Gap? WABC is reporting that a suspect stole nearly $3,600 worth of jeans from a Gap store in New York. Officials say the individual hit the same store on Lexington Avenue three separate times in January.
Police say the thief has a taste for denim in particular. ABC reports that in each of the robberies, the suspect stole denim jeans from store displays before taking off. You'd think the person would learn and be a little smarter? Perhaps not. Police say the thefts took place over the course of only eight days at the same location.
Police are looking for answers on this Gap wearing bandit. If you have info, call NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS. Know anyone who's wearing a lot of new jeans over the past month?
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie