Serial Car Burglar Known as Red Shoes Busted In Lower Hudson Valley
A serial car burglar, who some say may have broken into hundreds of cars, reign of terror has finally come to an end. The suspect drew so much attention, he even earned his own nickname from authorities; Red Shoes.
ABC reports that the 24 year-old suspect was caught Tuesday night in Mount Vernon. Police say they had been receiving complaints for over a month. what it came down to, according to police, was a quality of life issue. Commissioner Shawn Harris said:
People should be able to feel comfortable leaving their cars in their driveways and not worries about someone coming onto their property and rummaging through their cars.
Police say the serial car jacker with the red sneakers is being held on an outstanding larceny warrant and can currently only be charged in two break-ins. Police say he has already confessed so a number of other break-ins so expect more charges to come.
The suspect had earned the name after being caught on a number of Ring devices and other surveillance systems sporting a pair of bright, red sneakers.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie