Poughkeepsie Man Possessed Child Pornography, Police Say
Following an investigation, a Poughkeepsie man has been charged with seven counts of possessing child pornography.
On June 2, state police from the Poughkeepsie barracks arrested James W. Ringwood, age 64, of Poughkeepsie, for seven counts of Possessing a Sexual Performance by a Child, a class E felony.
Subsequent to an investigation Bureau of Criminal Investigation, and the Troop K Computer Crimes Unit, a search warrant was issued bt the Dutchess County Court for the residence of Ringwood.
With assistance from the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department, the warrant was executed on May 21, 2020.
Ringwood was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Poughkeepsie Court next month.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
Hudson Valley Reopening Tops This Week's Hudson Valley News
No hindsight music unit displayed.