Popular New Paltz Bar Seeks Expansion
P & G's, located in the heart of New Paltz is looking to make some upgrades. Hudson Valley One reports the application to expand the popular restaurant and bar has been submitted by owner Mike Beck and is being considered by the Village.
The plans include expanding the kitchen into neighboring Ricci's Barbershop and increasing the size of the waiting area for customers. The second part of the plan would be to add a prep kitchen below the existing dining room towards the rear of the establishment.
While a few parking spots would be lost, a plan to change the traffic pattern of the back parking lot could actually help flow of cars entering and exiting the lot.
The building that houses P & G's has quite the history. According to their website, it was built in 1900 and first opened in June of that year. Fast forward many years, current owner Mike Beck's father Ed bought the building in 1969 and it wasn't until the 80s that the name was changed to its current form. Mike took over the business in the 90s and continues to run it to this day.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie